Sunday, September 5, 2010

Tanks...

It's a Sunday morning. Normally reserved for church (we are Catholics), but since it's a holiday weekend, Don (the hubs) went golfing and I find myself awake before my kids. These days, that is not the norm. I'm only in my 5th week of pregnancy and already feel like I've been hit by a tank. So being able to brush my teeth and poor a cup of coffee (decaf, of course) was quite a treat! I heard Sophia's sleepy calls, "Mom? Mama? Mooooo-my?" I head upstairs to those gorgeous hazel eyes that thrill me every morning. I open her door to find her standing in her crib, hair covering her face, but a huge smile showing through the mess. "Hi!" she calls out. "Good morning, my sunshine," I say, like I do every morning. I open her window blinds to let some light in and begin pulling out some clothes to change her into for the day. She seems quite busy with something in her hands. Usually, she's already eyed a book in her shelf to ask me to read and take downstairs. But she keeps at it with whatever she holds in her fingers. I finally put my arms around her to give her morning kisses, take her out of the crib and hold her. Still, she seems distracted. I put her on the floor and ask, "Sophie, what do you have? What is that?" She hands me the mystery object. Small, was probably once slimy, but now a little rubbery. Um, it's a booger. Yep, my child has been quite occupied for the past few minutes while I soaked in the sun and relished in my blessings just standing in her room...with a booger. She hands it to me and says, "Here, Mama...tanks!"

No comments:

Post a Comment